OUR COMMITMENT TO YOUR PRIVACY
Your privacy is a big deal to us. We are committed to the responsible collection, use and retention of personal information we hold in accordance with the Privacy Act 1993. This Policy sets out how we collect, use, store and disclose your personal information.
We must collect, use and share personal information about you, our clients, in order to deliver important services that support people to grow in a safe environment. We are committed to managing this personal information with care and respect. We must be able to share personal information to deliver our services and make sure we can protect our staff, our clients and our communities.
What information we may collect from you
- Full name
- Contact details (address, telephone numbers, email etc.)
- Information about your prior learning
- Identity verification documents
- Bank details for payments
- Photographic images
- Emails or other correspondence relating to the services you receive from us
- Internal notes about the services you receive from us
- Information about your benefits
- Information about your employment
- Information from your family, relevant to the services you receive from us
Why we collect personal information
We collect personal information from you when you undertake our programmes, or when engaging with us on our website or other methods of contact. We may generate information about you internally when we’re delivering services. We may also collect information about you from third parties, including your employers, family or other government agencies (including the Ministry of Social Development, Tertiary Education Commission, Ministry for Pacific Peoples, Kainga Ora and Oranga Tamariki).
How we collect personal information
Securing personal information
We take all reasonable steps to ensure the safety of personal information we hold and to protect it against loss, misuse or unauthorizes access, destruction, use, modification or disclosure. Personal information will only be kept for as long as necessary to achieve the purpose it was collected for.
Our IT systems are password protected and comply with applicable security standards. Only authorised staff and contractors are permitted to access these details. It is our policy to permanently anonymise personal information where reasonable and possible; and destroy personal information once there is no longer a legal or business need for us to retain it.
Browser or ‘web’ cookies are small text files that are sent by a website and stored on your computer’s hard drive to collect information about how you browse the website.
Visits to our websites are recorded and logged. The following data is collected anonymously and supplied by the Service User’s browser:
- IP address and/or domain name
- Operating system (type of browser and platform)
- Date, time and length of the visit to the website
- Resources and pages accessed and the documents downloaded
This information is used to compile statistical information about the use of our website. It is not used for any other purpose. If you do not want cookies to be used, please adjust your browser settings to disable them.
Accessing and correcting personal information
It is vital that personal information is complete, up to date and accurate. You have the right to ask for a copy of any personal information we hold about you, and to ask for it to be corrected if you think it is wrong. If you’d like to ask for a copy of your information, or to have it corrected, please contact us:
- Call us on 0800 736 948 (SENZ4U)
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Links to other websites
Making a complaint
If you have any concerns about the way we’ve collected, used or shared your personal information, let us know and we’ll try our best to resolve them. If we can’t resolve your concerns, you can also make a complaint to the Office of the NZ Privacy Commissioner by:
- Completing an online complaint form at www.privacy.co.nz; or
- Writing to the Office of the Privacy Commissioner, PO Box 10-094, The Terrace, Wellington 6143, NZ.